What is micro-needling?
Micro-needling is an advanced non-surgical cosmetic procedure used to treat a wide variety of skin concerns…
- Fine lines
- Large pores
- Acne & Acne scarring
- Stretch marks
- Hair loss
- Skin pigmentation (dark spots)
- Sun damage
- Skin rejuvenation
How does micro-needling work?
The dermafix pen is passed over the area to be treated, inserting tiny sterile needles into the skin. This can feel uncomfortable but not usually painful. The tiny punctures inflicted from the needles create a wound healing response and renew the cells. As your skin repairs, the production of collagen and elastin is triggered to rejuvenate the skin.
- Rejuvenates tired and dull skin.
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles on the face.
- Improves acne scarring and stretch marks.
- Fades dark patches such as pigmentation, sun damage.
- Encourages hair growth where hair is thinning or receding.
How many treatments do I need?
1 treatment is enough for skin brightening and rejuvenation. When treating a skin condition such as scarring, fine lines, pigmentation etc, it is recommended to have a course of treatments between 4-6, these will be spaced out monthly.
What to expect on the day?
On the day of your treatment, you will have a face to face consultation with Tricia, you can discuss your face or body concerns and Tricia will use her expertise to decide what treatment programme will give you the best results.
Please allow 1 hour for your appointment, if possible please arrive for your appointment make-up free.
WHAT ARE THE COSTS OF Micro-needling?
Face & Neck £80
- Expect red skin for up to 48 hours
- Wear SPF 40+ daily
- Home care products (these can be ordered from us)
- Keep skin hydrated
- No make up 24 hours
- No hot shower/bath 24 hours
- No steam room/sauna 24 hours
- No direct sun/sunbed 48 hours
- Avoid using any products on the skin on the day of the treatment
For best results with any skin treatment, home care is even more important than the treatment itself.
A healthy skin regime is…….
Cleave, tone & moisture morning and night. Always wear SPF 40+ on the face, all year round. Not only is the sun damaging to the skin, but the cold and wind is also too.